Job description / Role
• Delivers software products and components for ISA; provides technology expertise and contributes to technology stack, design, development, deployment and automated testing.
• In collaboration with product team, project managers, It solutions managers, assists in translating business needs into technical implementations in line with the architectural principles laid down for ISA products.
• Supports in testing and implementation of technical solutions; assists in reviewing technical documentation, user guides, training manuals, and system specifications to ensure quality, compliance and completeness.
• Assists in reviewing/giving feedback on specifications and information of the architectural design provided by product team.
• Supports in identifying the technical tools and languages needed for the design execution in line with the adopted technical and quality standards.
• Ensures the User Interfaces used for the product are in line with requirements and rightly implemented.
• Assists in implementing best practices, new trends, and emerging technologies that bring best value to ISA clients; partners with cross-functional teams to explore ways and means to adopt such technologies.
• Ensures agreed service levels are met; provides needed status reports to specialists, users, and managers as needed.
• Acts pro-actively to ensure continuous knowledge sharing within ISA to empower other team members.
• Maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, product, operations, governance and enterprise development teams.
• Participates in thinking and decision-making with respect to technology to the best of ISA
• 1-2 years of general experience in IT environment in a mid-sized company, preferably in development department; experience as a DevOps engineer, Software Engineer is an advantage.
• Exposure on heterogeneous technology environments, experienced in different types of technology stacks.
• Strong algorithms skills; experienced in core system configuration and systems testing.
• Relative experience in cloud environments.
• Familiar with production operations and site reliability engineering principles.
• Strong object-oriented programming concepts.
• Strong development skills in one or more popular programming languages.
• Capable of analyzing data and identifying pitfalls.
• Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
• Employs skills and interpersonal relations to execute new initiatives and achieve company’s objectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• Fluent in English Language.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa’s first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia’s fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.