Job Role: COMMIS CHEF
1. Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
2. Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
3. Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie.
4. Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
5.Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
6. Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
7. Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that work stations are properly sanitized.
8. Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions.