2 – 4 Years
Basic – Diploma(Hotel Management)
• Overlook all operational and administrative aspects of the culinary as appropriate and be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in all areas depending on business volumes and other related parameters.
• Follow the principle of the 5Ps Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance at all times and for all activities.
• Provide leadership, direction and support to all culinary colleagues at all time.
• Create and maintain a positive synergy between all kitchens outlets to assure maximum efficiency.
• Train, evaluate and schedule all culinary colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
• To support the Chief Steward in creating and maintain the cleaning and side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
• Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the kitchens and stewarding area at all times and carry out daily monthly walk-throughs with the respective stewarding and engineering colleagues. Follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
• To support food safety manager to maintain and follow through the food safety standard set by Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Safe & Sound and in accordance to local UAE Municipality rules and regulation.
• Work closely with all outlets managers and Executive Chef to plan menus, prices and promotional events in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands.
• Constantly identify areas for improvement in food and beverage quality by reviewing various quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Manager.
• Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
• Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
• Liaise with the Learning & Development Manager on departmental learning and development needs for all colleagues of the department and oversee the overall training activities of the department including a heavy involvement in class room training, role plays and on the job trainings.
• Prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
• Ensure proper care, security and maintenance of all hotel equipment through attentive supervision.
• Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
• To ensure that all plating guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image.
• To ensure that all cold dish, hot dish, pastry and bakery items are prepared as per standard set by the Executive Chef.
• To ensure that all buffet displays are food safe, creative, clean and with attention to detail as per set standards by the Executive Chef.
• Support outlets managers in overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
• Ensure plating guides are up to date and distributed appropriately.
• Carry out monthly or even more regular casual one-on-one meetings with all team members to assure colleagues have a forum to voice out of any concerns or challenges as well as to share hotel and department information.
• Liaise with the Learning & Development Manager on departmental learning and development needs for the colleagues of the restaurants.
• Liaise with food safety manager to ensure compliances with food safety safe and sound set by Mandarin Oriental Hotel and in accordance s to UAE Municipality rules and regulation.
• Communicate rules and regulations to all colleagues by using the colleague handbook and any other appropriate documents.
• Carry out annual appraisals for all colleagues using the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Performance and Development System PROFILE.
• Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira procedures.
• Conduct daily meetings with the team and provide a regular forum for two-way communication with the whole team.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive Chef.
Skills & Qualifications
• Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management preferred.
• Certified supervising food safety in catering level 3 or equivalent.
• A minimum of 2 years as Executive Sous Chef or 4 years as Chef De Cuisine or a similar position in a five-star deluxe hotel operation.
• A minimum of total 10 years of experience working in high end a five-star deluxe volume,kitchens or restaurants.
• European Nationality is preferred.
• Michelin Star Restaurants experience is an advantage
• Work experience in at least one of the following countries in the Middle East: UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
• Very good knowledge on computer systems.
• Experience with Morton Bay purchasing and InfoGenesis point of sales systems or other known systems is an advantage.
• Hotel pre-opening experiences or hotel renovation experiences preferred.
• Creative, innovative and thinks outside the box.