• Support the Restaurant General Manager in all operational and administrative aspects of the restaurant.
• Prioritize the required level of engagement depending on the business volumes and other related parameters.
• Take charge of the restaurant and the department in the Restaurant General Manager s absence.
• Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place always.
• Support the Restaurant General Manager to supervise the side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
• Support the Restaurant General Manager to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet and as assigned carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
• Oversee the daily operation of the restaurant and manage shifts effectively to assure a smooth and effective overall operation.
• Maintain a good relationship and steady communication with the Chef De Cuisine and his team, particularly during operation hours.
• Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised.
• Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and share observations and recommendations with the outlet manager.
• Support the Restaurant General Manager to maintain a clear overview of all POS- point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
• Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu description are up to date and distributed appropriately.
• Follow all procedures, policies and practices about the Jardine accounting related requirements for F&B outlets.
• Oversee and maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
• Support the Restaurant General Manager in monitoring the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information.
• Assist the Restaurant General Manager to plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
• Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and forward them to the Restaurant Manager.
• Attend and participate all required meetings as scheduled.
• Provide leadership, direction and support to all outlet colleagues at any time, particularly during the operation hours.
• Ensure that MOHG s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained always to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
• Assist the Restaurant General Manager to prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
• Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira s procedures.
• Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
• Being fully involved in the service and show strong presence to customers on the floor.
• Personally, monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests.
• Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the restaurants.
• Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
Skills & Qualifications
• High School qualification or equivalent.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• 2 years experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager in a luxury hotel or high-end independent restaurant.
• International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
• Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating the team accordingly.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Knowledge of Fine Dining service procedures and standards procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Strong Leadership Skills