At MELIA DESERT PALM DUBAI, we put our soul and our passion into everything we do, how we present ourselves and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues. We use our initiative and always find the best way to solve a problem either for a guest or a colleague. We work as a team to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions. We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests. We treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. And we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to the guests from all over the world.
We are looking for a Waiter
To serve the needs of the business, our guest and our colleagues by prompt and courteous service delivery as a Hospitality Ambassador for the hotel.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To work as a team with colleagues in all department, to ensure timely service and a smooth running operation.
- To understand and adhere to all hotel policies and Standard Operating Procedure with regard to guest service, how to run the operation, personal discipline and grooming.
- To offer a consistently warm, professional welcome and farewell to guests and clients on their arrival and departure from the catering area, maintaining impeccable posture and presentation at all times.
- Have the bill ready when requested and strictly follow set procedures for collecting payment for restaurant bills, depending on the method of payment.
- Check out with your Supervisor before leaving your station or floor.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- To have a full knowledge of the service and facilities provided by the hotel in order to answer any questions the guests may have.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work área.
- Follow all reasonable work related request made by a Supervisor or Manager which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service through out the hotel.
- Maintain your station in accordance with the standard at all times.
- Develop a complete knowledge of the menus.
- Learn and correctly use the Point of Sale equipment and follow the procedures.
- To maintain strict security measures when entering guest rooms to respect privacy right of our guest.
- Actively participate in all training meetings to continually develop profesional skills and increase guest satisfaction.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Carry out all instructions and tasks assigned by the immediate superior, as well as any other responsibilities as required by the role.
- At least 1-3 years experience on the same role.
- Active listening and effective English communication skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus