As a Shisha Sommelier with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm, Dubai is a world-class property on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate cigar and wine bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the ‘island’, which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head Shisha , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Have full knowledge of Shisha offerings and hot beverages
- Have full knowledge of Shisha contents and preparation methods
- Control stocks for daily use in the Bar to ensure service requirements are met
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling Shisha equipment and Storage
- Ability to create new flavors, or other mixings
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding Shisha menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years’ experience of working with shisha in a 5 star hotel environment
- Should be able to clearly communicate in English and Arabic
- Additional languages is an asset
- Interact positively and professionally with guests and colleagues
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a tea
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS