Assistant Laundry Manager
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of the complete Laundry operation
- Responsible for the set up and control of the linen room and uniform room.
- Ensure the highest levels of guest service through the application of all Fairmont Palm Core standards and standard operating policies.
- Effectively supervises employee relations within the department through involvement in performance appraisals, recognition, incentive programs and communication meetings.
- Acts immediately on guest complaints and informs Director of Housekeeping of any damages to guest property as soon as it occurs.
- Plans work and production schedules to meet housekeeping and F&B requirements. Attends periodic planning meetings with these departments and Director of Housekeeping to discuss all laundry matters and to map out unusual conditions.
- Oversees laundry office functions including production reports, schedules and other records. Supervises and investigates all claims against the laundry, working closely with Director of Housekeeping to eliminate potential challenges.
- To overlook month end figures on linen quantities used per month for Rooms / Food and Beverage.
- To prepare month end write off figures of Linen rooms and Food and Beverage
- To make Director of Housekeeping aware of shortage of linen and replacing written off items with new linen, and ensure that there is enough linen in circulation.
- To make sure agreed opening times in Linen room are observed.
- To spot check incoming linen regarding quality of washing and pressing.
- To check quantity of incoming linen.
- To make sure any linen with holes or damages are examined and either repaired or written off.
- To spot check the uniform exchange and check timely return of clean uniforms from laundry.
- To check daily cleaning of workplace.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Housekeeping department.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety are achieved in the laundry department and throughout the hotel.
- Ensure a progressive environment is created and maintained that affords employees the opportunities for job fulfilment within Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
- Holds department meetings, keeping staff informed of new methods, changes in procedure and to maintain efficiency.
- Maximize hotel profitability by properly managing expenses, labour and other material resources.
- To be health & safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- To manage the recruitment of colleagues, scheduling & planning of departmental rosters, departmental orientation colleagues and training schedules.
- Understands and is aware of all fire and safety procedures as well as occupational health and safety.
- To undertake any other duties requested by the Director of Housekeeping.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS