Forensic Accountant – Manager
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global consulting firm with more than $1.7+ billion in revenues, c.5,000+ staff and 60 offices around the globe and a broad range of professional services including Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services. Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to A&M for leadership, action and results.
A&M’s global Disputes & Investigations (DI) practice is a leading provider of forensic accounting, forensic technology, economic expert witness, dispute resolution and investigation services. The firm has an established reputation for high quality and conflict-free work. Our approach is characterised by a high level of objectivity, diligence and intensive analysis. The DI team comprises of over 450 professionals globally and we have worked on some of the most significant, high profile matters in the investigative and disputes arena. A&M’s DI team comprises of professionals from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds, who bring deep expertise in conducting investigations, managing electronic disclosure exercises and interrogating complex sets of information. Our core areas of work include anti-bribery and fraud investigations, regulatory investigations, contract disputes, IP theft investigations and other litigation advisory services.
Against the backdrop of our growing presence globally, an opportunity exists in Dubai for a high performing qualified forensic accountant who wishes to further their career with like-minded, highly motivated, analytical, inquisitive professionals in the support of building the best in class for Forensic Services. The successful appointee will provide litigation consulting, expert testimony and reports, and forensic analysis as well as conduct incisive fraud investigation and forensic accounting services. You will play a key part in the further development of the practice, with emphasis on leading teams, assisting the named expert and preparing expert reports.
You will be a highly analytical and technically competent individual who has a strong attention to detail. You should be both comfortable working in a team and individually, directly supporting a Partner or senior member of the team. Experience of supervising, developing and training junior members of a team is essential, including conducting performance reviews. Candidates should also be willing to get actively involved in business development, attending marketing events and developing their own network of potential work-providers. Critically, you will need to be client facing with an emphasis on being able to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner. In addition, you will be:
- Able to analyse and synthesise information from several sources and draw coherent, well-evidenced conclusions
- Highly numerate and good communicator, able to record your conclusions and thought processes in clear, precise and tightly written report and, able to explain reasoning and conclusions, if challenged
- Articulate, incisive and intellectually agile
- Capable of lateral-thinking and able to approach investigations and the resolution of problems from several angles
- Organised and able to manage large volumes of information
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Ability to explain complicated technical concepts to non-finance individuals
- Comfortable using the real-life operational and technical expertise of other professionals, working closely with them in multi-disciplinary teams to solve clients’ problems
- Self-motivated and driven, having a passion for problem solving and analysis of complex issues
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff, both junior and senior to you, including a willingness to coach and be coached, and
- Comfortable with challenge and novelty, able to apply your mind and expertise to diverse, and often unique, situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred), finance, law, economics or another business-related field
- 6-8+ years of experience in Big 4 or accounting firm or a forensic/dispute consulting practice in a professional services firm
- ACA / ACCA / CPA qualification or equivalent
- Have excellent analytical rigour
- Interest in forensic/dispute consulting and business valuation
- Flexibility to travel
- Have first class report writing skills; excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be fluent in English
- Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and unpredictable environment
- Have excellent listening skills and can incorporate the views and ideas of others
- Possess an objective, fact-based approach to problem solving
- Are hands-on and a non-hierarchical operator – relate well at all levels and cultures
- Have an interest in participating within initiatives in the areas of corporate social responsibility and diversity and inclusion
- Are driven by values and integrity, straight talking, build confidence and lead by example
- Demonstrate the ability to balance a high-level view with detail
- Hold a natural ability to prioritise – especially in highly pressurised situations
- Aare autonomous – Alvarez & Marsal has a flat structure with a self-sufficient culture
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
A&M Talent, culture and values
Attracted by our meritocratic culture and the opportunity to build a business with like-minded individuals, our people have joined A&M from the Big 4, top tier strategy houses, private equity firms, hedge funds, leading financial services institutions and industry and commerce. A&M is a fact-based business, based on pragmatism, not subjective about the meaning of success. It is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious recruits to grow and thrive – and those who do well, earn well. At A&M you will be given real responsibility as there are thin layers of management and responsiveness to a crisis urgency is critical. You will thrive on autonomy and you will be adept at anticipating what your audience needs. The culture of the business offers variety of skill, language, heritage and professional background and therefore is unique in terms of style and approach. The values of the business, which include which are inclusive diversity, quality, integrity, objectivity and fun as well as just reward for great work, come to life when you become part of the team.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and encourage applications from all candidates that meet the requirements and qualifications.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.