The Arts Club Dubai will be perfectly located in the heart of the DIFC, set over four floors and totalling 65,000 square feet, in the brand new ICD Brookfield Place development designed by Foster + Partners.
It will be the first international outpost of the celebrated and historical private members’ club, established in 1863 in Mayfair, London. The Club’s brand new membership will form an exciting new community of like-minded, diverse and dynamic people, all hailing from different cultures and sectors, from the region and further afield.
A lifestyle for its members
The Club will provide its members with a home away from home: a sanctuary for those seeking comfort, hospitality and elegance, with a level of quality, service and attention to detail that will leave them wanting for nothing.
It will also be an office away from the office, where members seeking a more relaxed environment in which to conduct business can do so at ease, either in a social and convivial setting or in a more private and secluded space.
The Arts Club Dubai unveils an amazing opportunity for a talented artisan to join our passionate and creative team.
As a member of the management team, Sous Chef will assist the Head Chef in running the assigned kitchen as an independent profit center, in line with the outlet’s operating concept and set performance standards, ensuring maximum member satisfaction and deputise in his/her absence. While operating within budget to consistently ensure the highest quality of all the food served whilst controlling cost to maximise the gross profit percentage and helping to ensure financial success of the outlet.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Create and produce quality daily and seasonal food items, and assist the Head Chef in developing and changing menus according to outlet operation, market and business goals requirements
- Conduct regular demonstrations of existing or new dishes
- Ensure the kitchen is managed efficiently and professionally, and that sections are prepared and ready for service at each meal period
- Coordinate with the Head Chef and Executive Chef menu plans, descriptions, costing, photographing and breakdown of all dishes available
- Make purchases of food and kitchen items within the agreed budget, in order to maximise gross profit and achieve food cost targets and objectives as set down by the Head Chef
- Carry out stock take of food items to ensure an adequate supply and to inspect the quality of this to ensure statutory compliance
- Provide support and training to all sections of the kitchen, with usage of kitchen equipment, menu knowledge, job role expectations and future development of each chef
- Ensure that colleagues follow the rules set by the Club and/or by law regarding hygiene, stock rotation, dating, storage, temperature control of refrigerators, pest control, reporting of faulty equipment, reporting of absenteeism be it due to sickness or otherwise
- Be proactive in preventing waste of food of any kind and over-production to mis-en-place by keeping food orders from store or supplies to a minimum, minimizing consumption of gas, electricity and water
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in same role in luxury hotels or fine dining restaurant, preferably Michelin starred
- Internationally recognized professional certification
- Skilled in French classic cuisine with modern twist
- International and Mediterranean cuisine is an advantage
- Excellent level of English, written and spoken
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Excellent team management skills with strong problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrate integrity in all dealings and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Ability to work long shifts and stand for the extended period of time
The Arts Club Dubai is offering a competitive and attractive remuneration and benefits package.