We are looking for a skilled Tile and Marble Setter to join our installation team. As a Tile and Marble Setter, you will meet with clients to discuss their tiling needs, order stock supplies, cut tiles and marble to size, and install tiles and marble fittings to specification. You may also be required to prepare quotes and complete job reports.
To ensure success as a Tile Setter, you should have extensive knowledge of tiling and marbling techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills. A top-notch Tile Setter expertly installs tiles and marble to meet the needs of the customer.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their tiling and marbling needs.
- Measuring the area that must be tiled or marbled to determine stock requirements.
- Providing clients with accurate quotes for the intended job.
- Ordering stock supplies and gathering tiling equipment.
- Cutting and shaping tiles or marble to size.
- Cleaning and leveling the surface area.
- Applying tiling cement and arranging tiles or marble according to design plans.
- Applying tiling grout.
- Cleaning off excess grout and conducting post-installation inspections.
- Processing work invoices.
- Previous experience as a Tile and Marble Setter.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of tiling designs and installation techniques.
- Ability to work crouching or kneeling for long periods.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Valid UAE Work Visa