Our Client is an Agro based company looking towards hiring for a Logistics Officer for their Dubai office
Division/Department: Supply Chain Department
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Exp. Required in Years: 1 to 2 of experience in Supply Chain Management
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management
- Arabic and English Language Proficiency, French is a plus
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Good Time Management
- Strong Team Player
Duties and responsibilities
- Obtain the Proforma invoice (PI) and purchase order (PO) to be sent to supplier.
- Prepare PI to be sent to our local Subsidiary in Africa to issue the Import Permit or Form M.
- Coordinate with the finance department in Nigeria on the type of payment that will be made in case Bills of Collection or Letter of Credit.
- Handle LC Import preparation with the concerned bank and share it with the supplier for confirmation before sending the signed original application to our bank.
- Place the shipment with the shipping line chosen by the head of Shipping Department in coordination with the supplier.
- Follow up with the supplier on the documentation process to be confirmed before sending the original (commercial invoice, packing list, COA, COO, Manufacturer, Bill of Lading, CRIA…).
- Prepare all the documents that will be sent to our subsidiaries in Africa (Final Invoice, Packing List, CCVO, COA, B/Lâ€¦) and fill the requested data on Dolphin System and send a scanned copy to the Shipping department in Africa to start the clearing process and issue the related document (PAARâ€¦).
- Provide the accounting department with the requested documents (commercial invoice, bill of lading, final invoice and credit note if available) mentioning the payment term with the supplier and Africa.
- Coordinate with insurance companies and confirm that all orders are properly insured.
- Insure to receive the AWB number of the original documents sent from the supplier for tracking (commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of analysis, manufacturer certificate, CRIA, COC and BLâ€¦.)
- Review the set of documents sent by the supplier and prepare the covering letter before sending them to Africa through Bank or DHL. Job Description Form
- Send original documents and provide the concerned employees in each subsidiary with the AWB for tracking and proceed with the clearing process.
- Coordinate with the graphic design department to prepare the product art work (package/label) and then send them to the supplier before initiating production.
- Review the art work sent by supplier to check the accuracy of all the details mentioned on the package.
- Update all the data (Form M, BA number, payment due date, bank details) on the system.
- Follow up with accounting department regarding payments and transfer done to the supplier.
- Organize and maintain hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment.
To learn more about the role, email resume to