Wyndham Dubai Deira is now seeking a Laundry Attendant to join our team at Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The role holder will contribute to the performance of the hotel under the direct supervision of the Laundry Supervisor; is responsible to ensures smooth operation of the laundry and linen room by actively involving in Sorting, Marking, Pressing, and Washing, Dry cleaning, Spotting and Packing tasks.
- Signs in on Attendance Sheet
- Checks daily Forecast
- Signs in Key and Mobile
- Cleans machineries and work areas
- Checks and segregates Uniform
- Checks the logbook for Guest Laundry
- Removes the Guest Laundry one by one from the laundry bag
- Sorts out all the guest Items and check for damaged
- Checks if the laundry list is present and is signed
- Makes the entry in the Guest Laundry log book such as; Qty, brand, color etc.,
- Marks the garments according to Number or Name
- Fills up the form for approval if necessary
- Approaches to the guest to clarify if any variance, damage etc.,
- Segregates the garments according to the color and type of fabric
- Checks the color and any previous damaged
- Segregates and collects the room linen from linen chute
- Sorts out the Room linen
- Sorts out the F&B Linen
- Loads and starts washing in the machine
- Loads and starts Dry-clean Machine
- Unloads Washing and Dry-clean Machine
- Loads dryer according to their specified program for the item chosen.
- Unloads the Dryer Machine
- Presses uniforms and hang them in sequence on the rail.
- Presses management uniforms and hang them in sequence on the rail.
- Presses guest Items and hangs them in sequence on the rail.
- Ensures that the Laundry policies, systems, procedures and standards are followed on the floor.
- Ensure safety and hygiene standards are followed in the Laundry.
- Maintain discipline.
- Check all safety systems in the Laundry and ensure that any defect is reported to the Landry supervisor in time.
- Check the serviceability of all equipment in the allocated section.
- Reports all maintenance orders.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Is physically fit to lift and carry heavy objects and move flexibly.
- Ability to communicate via written and spoken in English.
- Has Basic knowledge in Laundry chemicals and tools
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! Service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- 1 year experience as a Laundry Attendant, in a 4 star though preferably a 5 star hotel.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively in English, Arabic knowledge is an advantage.
- Has strong will to work very flexible working hours and has the ability to work under pressure.
- Must have basic knowledge Washing, Dry-cleaning, Pressing processes, chemicals and equipment usage.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.