Job Title : Demi Chef
Job Type : Full Time
Salary : Negotiable
Qualification : Any Graduation
Location : Dubai
Country : United Arab Emirates
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation in order to ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen are of appropriate portion and presented as per the standards set by the Outlet Chef
- Work in close cooperation with all other key departments in the Hotel to ensure a smooth operation
- Control the food cost by practicing economy of inventory items to ensure sufficient supplies and minimise cost by avoiding wastage and spoilages
- Attend required meetings and daily briefings with your team members ensuring efficient communication, to run your kitchen section smoothly
- Ensure relevant EHS information is provided to all colleagues in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure colleagues within the section are following EHS policies and procedures.
- Monitor the colleagues are handling / using all provided resources, facility and tools in a safe manner.
Job Requirements and Qualifications :
- You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills.
- The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.