Sep 16, 2020
Food and Beverage & Culinary
Aloft Palm Jumeirah, East Crescent, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Start Your Journey With Us
At Aloft Hotels we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style is necessary, social scenes are vibrant, and where the only direction is forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We’re looking for innovative self-expressers who aren’t afraid to draw outside the lines. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
As a Shisha Man you are responsible to provide basic support and service task to the outlet aiming for the highest possible customer satisfaction and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Ensure that the service to the guest is as per hotel standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and departmental profit
- Interact positively and professionally with guest, colleagues and other departments as appropriate and required
- Welcome guests on arrival and help to seat them
- Recommend and suggest specialties to guest and up sell whenever possible
- Take order from guests, put item through micros and follow through service in compliance with hotel standards, clearing and resetting tables once the guests have finished
- Collect supplies from store and ensure all side stations are correctly stocked, tidy and clean
- Report any breakage to Superiors
- Attend all regular departmental briefings and contribute to an open communication within the assigned team
- Be familiar with the company’s internal policies and safety procedures.
Our jobs aren’t just about mixing drinks. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique. Our bartenders have the basics down, but are constantly on the look-out for new trends, micro-local offerings, and guests’ evolving needs. They are not just a beverage enthusiast, but also the host of the space. Their role goes beyond the bar itself to take ownership of guest service more broadly and do what needs to be done. Bartenders will use their knowledge and expertise to make the bar look and function flawlessly. They will build relationships with others across the hotel and in the community, to anticipate and deliver on our guests’ needs. They should be passionate about the guest service experience, but also have an eye for detail – from the money that moves through their hands, to the information they provide to guests, to the quality of their drinks.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, protecting company assets, maintaining confidentiality, and ensuring your uniform and personal appearance are professional. Bartenders will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time) and taking a hands-on approach to their work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance; reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Bartenders – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.