York Timbers is a market leader in the sawmilling industry, presently expanding their operational and sales footprint locally and internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
Challenging technical career opportunities have arisen in the fast paced production environment of Plywood and Sabie Sawmill. Based in Sabie, the successful candidates will be required to conduct scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections; tend to breakdowns and maintain proper housekeeping standards. The successful candidates should also be a competent Turner. These positions will require of the successful candidates to work closely with the production teams to ensure maximum machine availability, contributing to maximum plant profitability.
Desired Experience & Qualification
– Grade 12 with at least N2 Fitting and Turning trade theory and completed a full three year apprenticeship program
– Valid Section 13/26D Fitter and Turner trade certificate with at least 5 years’ post Apprenticeship experience (in a sawmilling or board plant environment will be an advantage)
– Competent Turner with solid experience with regards to hydraulic and pneumatic systems
– Ability to solve complex mechanical problems quickly and sustainably
– Knowledge and experience working with job card systems as well as OHS standards
– Organised and structured to ensure all work is completed as quick as possible
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Strong fault finding and root cause analysis skills
– Energetic, innovative, optimistic and able to work independently and as part of a team
– Proactive and strong focus on continuous process improvement
– Strong sense of responsibility and accountability
– Able and willing to work shifts and perform standby duties