Wyndham Dubai Deira is now seeking a Bellman to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
As the Bellman, you will be reporting directly to the Duty Manager and you will be responsible for assisting with the check-in /checkout processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. He/she will be providing guest assistance with luggage, transportation and miscellaneous needs.
- Escorts guests to rooms and familiarizes them with hotel services and amenities (e.g. hours of outlets, etc.)
- Explains features of the room including operation of radio, television, telephone, in-room movie system etc.
- Checks store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
- Delivers messages to meeting rooms.
- Assists with room changes.
- Maintains current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Assists housekeeping with guest requests.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Answers console to assist guest service agents
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasizes the hotel’s amenities.
- Communicates with other departments in a friendly and professional manner.
- Informs guests of property amenities, services and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Follows the WH&R safety and security policies and procedures
- Reports any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents or injuries.
- Ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Supports all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Stands, sits or walks for an extended period of time for an entire work shift.
- Speaks with others using clear and professional language and answers telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Maintains awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer services driven skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-tasking
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role for a branded hotel
- Ability to work all shifts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Dubai Deira
Employment Status: Full Time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.