- Prepares poulty meats and other hot fast foods to perfection
- Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Prepares a variety of poultry, prawns, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment. Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served. Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures. Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period. Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment. Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating. Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen. Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty. After the restaurant closes, and even throughout their shift, grill cooks are responsible for cleaning the grill. This involves scrubbing off remaining food and washing the general area. Cleanliness is of utmost importance in the kitchen, and the grill cook is responsible for making sure customers stay healthy. When needed to train new grillers
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking. At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity. Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and FOH personnel. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours). Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance with franchise and health regulations
- Essential Functions
- Ensures quality by properly rotating perishable and non-perishable products.
- Helps maintain food cost by limiting kitchen waste and through the efficient use of all products.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items consistently and as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Consistently follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Performs regular line checks.
- Observes and tests food to determine if cooked properly.
- Ability to execute professional cooking and service standards. Proficient knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Basic English language and professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to physically handle knives and other sharp, heavy or potentially dangerous items.
- Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height.
- Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, ovens, stoves, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
Expected Start Date: 2020/09/10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R3,500.00 – R4,000.00 per month
- poultry grilling: 2 years (Required)
- fast food/restaurant : 2 years (Preferred)