Jannah Hotels & Resorts was founded in the spirit of the noble Bedouin hospitality. Today, we are a leading name among hotel groups that specialize in the affordable luxury Halal segment. With innovative infrastructure, creativity and dynamism, Jannah Hotels & Resorts has blossomed into the hotel management company of choice for visitors and residents of the UAE.
Jannah Hotels & Resorts offers the best of luxury and business accommodation with a distinct Emirati flair. With exceptional service across all properties we pay homage to the warmth and devotion of Bedouin hospitality, offering guests convenience and comfort in elegantly styled interiors with state-of-the-art amenities in some of the best locations in the UAE. With multiple destinations and a variety of offerings Jannah Hotels & Resorts has blossomed into the Halal hotel brand of choice.
- As a Commis, you are also expected to comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control.
- Control food stock and food cost in his section/kitchen.
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Ensures that all stocks are well maintained.
- Ensures that mise en place for food preparation is completed in your section.
- Ensure the quality of the food items.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Ensure and prepare mise-en-place for banquets and restaurant buffets.
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers.
- Ensure constant innovation in buffet preparation and presentation.
- Follow and maintain cleanliness and good hygiene practices in the kitchen.
- Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials.
- Inform F&B service staff of available items and available chef special menu.
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly.
- Prepare the daily mise-en-place and food production in different sections of the main pantry or satellites.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu.
- Responsible to maintain food logs.
- Support the Demi Chef de Partie in the daily operation and work.
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature.
- To be present in the assigned kitchen as and when required and also an internal transfer after 2-3 months in others as per management policy.
- To assist chef de partie in preparing food according to the requirements or recipes or standards, and the specifications for his department.
- To assist chef with chopping, packing and helping/learning with dishes.
- Attend the training being conducted and implement in daily operations and improve the quality of food.
- You would need to follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Package of AED 1,800/ monthly
- Duty Meal
- Medical Insurance