No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You will be responsible to secure that the visual expression of the store is in line with the IKEA manuals so the IKEA Concept is fully implemented.
- Planning and coordinating the execution of accessory shops, shop windows, activity podiums, perimeter breaks, self-serve, Swedish Food Market and Exit Café displays in the IKEA.
- Ensuring the integrity of the IKEA concept and brand by following IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store.
- Ensuring in co-operation with the 1st Interior Designer that functional and inspirational display solutions are in line with running commercial activities.
- Together with the Sales and In-Store Logistics teams, implementing the projects or daily sales steering activities efficiently with the use of IKEA display solutions, communication and sales methods.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar.
- Ensuring cost-effective, safe and environmentally friendly display solutions implementation in line with local legislation.
- Resourcing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of home furnishing solutions within the local market.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture
A minimum 3 – 5 years of retail interior design or visual merchandising experience
- A proven ability to visualise, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using AutoCad & Sketch up
- A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.