Full Job Description
Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
The technician is responsible for servicing, testing and repairs of Desktop PC’s, and/or other related equipment and components from to time. As part of the position there will be an introduction to Servers. The technician also provides technical support to customers relevant to the specific area/discipline.
ICT – Information & Communications Technology
- Complete 6 repairs per day according to the specific discipline.
- Maintain work rate at above 90% of SLA as per the described SLA for the product.
- Maintaining a rework rate of below 2% within a 90-day period between bar codes.
- Keep the CMDB system up to date at all times and keep all client’s ad jobs updated.
- Qualifications and Experience:
- CompTIA A+
- 2years experience in desktop PC repairs
- Server experience will be of an advantage
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Communication skills, with excellent telephone manner and e-mail etiquette
- Technical hands-on repair skills in terms of notebooks
- Tool use proficiency
- Installation of software and operating systems
- Problem solving skills
- Quality awareness and customer focus
- Knowledge of product specifications
- Good understanding of the troubleshooting process
- Operating systems
- Software types and function applicable to product
Job Closing Date