We are now accepting applications for a Spa Manager. We are looking for a person to serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
We consider the following as essential:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent,
- A 2-year spa Qualification (SAASPH and ITEC or CIDESCO, ideally including CIBTAC),
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) as language of communication,
- Minimum of 5 years spa experience, preferably with 3 years of managing staff,
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills and experience,
- Strong administrative skills.
Duties & Responsibilities (areas and indicators listed are not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time):
- Strategic Management – initiating and implement changes/improvements in the Spa,
- Operations – daily running of operations; cleanliness and health & safety; guest complaints; attending/holding meetings; preparing reports; performing treatments & retail sales if needed
- Maintenance maintenance logging of all the facilities and rooms and follow-ups; operating equipment and par level maintenance,
- Financial (profitability) – monitor and control costs (consumables, CAPEX, staff remuneration); maximize revenue (sales/special offers, effective treatment rotation),
- People management – involved in recruitment, training, disciplining staff (permanent, fixed-term & casual); performance management; talent recognition,
- Stock control – ordering; stock take; up to date with latest products on offer.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully demonstrate the following skills & abilities:
- Time management and ability to organise, plan, and prioritise work,
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels,
- Resilience, reliability and ability to pay attention to detail,
- Good product and technique knowledge,
- Problem solving,
- Friendly and guest centric.
Adverse working conditions:
- Must be prepared to work weekends & Public holidays,
- Must be prepared to work shifts.
Closing date: Wednesday, 19 August 2020