The Powder Coating Supervisor directly manages employees within the Powder Coat Operations. This position is accountable for supervising, scheduling and leading the work areas to meet production goals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB TASKS:
- Managing and directing day to day production activities within the Powder Coat operations.
- Collaborate with internal departments to achieve optimal results.
- Enable effective communications between management and operators
- Manage inventory and work with purchasing to order necessary supplies and materials for production
- Proper oven cure temperature experience and maintenance of the ovens
- Proper conveyor line speeds to ensure fully cured product
- Capable of measuring mil thickness and ensure the proper color and texture matches of sample chips
- Identify any special coating, masking and/or packaging instructions on job travelers or blueprints.
- Manage tests and inspections of products, services, and processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Reviewing orders and conferring with Production Manager to resolve production problems.
- Providing input on and use production tracking, quality control systems, maintenance reports, or other operational reports, to detect production issues and provide solutions.
- Ensuring safety systems and procedures are followed.
- Identifying staffing constraints and provide position hiring recommendations.
- Identify and recommend relevant training needs to improve performance for new and current employee development and education.
- Assists the Production Manager with selection and performance management of employees and recommending compensation
- Recommend equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, improvements in procedures and working conditions, and process modifications
- Identify recurring equipment malfunctions and quality problems or supplies needed
- Follows company and department policies, procedures, and objectives
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the role and level of responsibility of position.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibilities and job tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.