Golf, Western Cape George
NOW RECRUITING – CASHIER (George, Western Cape, SA). We are looking forward to hear from you!
The Fancourt Country Club is now accepting applications for a golf club Cashier. We are looking for a person to serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
We consider the following as essential:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent,
- Must have basic computer literacy and sound knowledge of Concept, Micros and Guest Connect or other club management systems,
- Golf knowledge will be advantageous,
- At least 6 months retail & sales experience preferably in an upmarket sporting outlet or hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities (areas and indicators listed are not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time):
- Collects fees for all Pro Shop purchases and golf related services, equipment and cart rentals; accurate processing of transactions,
- Ensures golfers are checked in, paid and promptly directed to their starting tee,
- Financial management – daily stock checks, cash-ups and checklists,
- Ad-on sales of golf merchandise and services,
- Assisting with departmental inventory on a regular basis,
- General administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully demonstrate the following skills & abilities:
- excellent communication and listening skills,
- efficient and effective under pressure,
- read, speak and understand English correctly,
- must be well organised and thorough,
- be able to upsell,
- do basic calculations,
- must be available for weekend, public holiday and shift work,
- attention to detail and accuracy is a high priority in this role, and will be tested.
Adverse working conditions:
- Must be prepared to work weekends & Public holidays,
- Must be prepared to work shifts.
Closing date: Wednesday, 19 August 2020
How to apply:
You can apply online at https://www.fancourt.co.za/careers-job-listing/
The Company’s Employment Equity Plan will be taken into consideration with all appointments. Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Other Benefits: Provident Fund
Vacancy Type: Permanent