Hospitality, Western Cape George
NOW RECRUITING – BARMAN (George, Western Cape, SA). We are looking forward to hear from you!
We are now accepting applications for Barman at The Links Club House. We are looking for people to serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner and with drive and passion for the industry with the ability to maintain the standards.
We consider the following as essential:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent,
- 2 years’ experience as a Barhand in a 4* or 5* establishment and with a sound knowledge of cocktails and liquors,
- Bar skills training and a working knowledge of Micros will be an added advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities (areas and indicators listed are not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time):
- Making and serving drinks, especially cocktails,
- Daily stock take and effective stock rotation,
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, including garbage separation,
- Accurate billing and cash-up.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully demonstrate the following skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication skills,
- Have good listening skills,
- Be able to read and understand basic English,
- Must also be well organised,
- Be able to cope under pressure,
- Be able to upsell and do basic calculations.
Adverse working conditions:
- Must be prepared to work weekends & Public holidays,
- Must be prepared to work outside in inclement weather.
Closing date: Wednesday, 19 August 2020
How to apply:
You can apply online at https://www.fancourt.co.za/careers-job-listing/
The Company’s Employment Equity Plan will be taken into consideration with all appointments. Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Other Benefits: Provident Fund
Vacancy Type: Permanent