Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
Position Overview – Basic Functions & Responsibility
- Responsible for the timely receipt of bulk, raw materials, packaging components and general supplies to our company’s warehouse.
- Pick and send process orders through to production department
- Despatch finished goods from our company’s warehouse to 3PL DSV
- Execute sampling process
- Maintain tidiness in the warehouse area.
- Perform any other departmental related tasks as required
- Ensures the safe and accurate handling of goods and materials delivered to the warehouse and the flow of materials through the different functional areas, receiving, picking and despatch
- Prepares goods and materials for storage in accordance with GMP/GDP guidelines and our company’s policies, including Cold Chain products.
- Ensures inventory transactions including but not limited to receipt, pick and despatch of stock, are accurately logged into SAP
- Conduct cycle counts
- Ensures timely collection of product samples.
- Adheres to the safe use of equipment and safety within the warehouse.
- Works effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Contributes to continuous improvements in the warehouse through the use of lean principles
- Conducts cleaning function/task at the warehouse
- Redistribution of General supplies and samples to various Departments within our company’s onsite
- Follow procedures and processes as outlined in SOP’s
- Responsible for reporting adverse experiences or events (AEs), adverse device events (ADEs), product quality complaints (PQCs) and other reportable information, customer feedback (CF), alleged counterfeiting, diversion and tampering (CDT) that they become aware of to the Designated Point of Contact (DPOC)
- Minimum of grade 12/ matric
- Computer literacy
- Valid forklift driver certificate
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Minimum of five year’s work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience in picking, receipting, counting and packing orders.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: