As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to join InterContinental Dubai Marina as Sous Chef in one of our outlet, Marina Social by Michelin Star Chef Jason Atherton.
InterContinental Dubai Marina is a Five Star luxury hotel in the heart of Dubai Marina with 328 rooms and residence suites, flexible event space and restaurants & bars. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five star presence.
Brought to you by acclaimed Michelin-starred British chef Jason Atherton, Marina Social is your social space with an open kitchen view. Experience creativity and comfort within a relaxed, social atmosphere against the backdrop of the stunning panoramic views of the waterfront, overlooking the buzzing Dubai Marina. Enjoy conversations at the bar, Social Room as it serves and creates bespoke and sharing cocktails and punches, as well as an extensive collection of whiskeys.
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Liaise daily with Executive Chef & Restaurant GM to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- An educational degree/diploma or certificate from a culinary school
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits and the chance to work with a fantastic team of people. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.