We are looking for a brilliant Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into digestible information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will analyze and build large datasets to perform analyses that will optimize our marketing and customer acquisition efforts, optimize and improve customer on-boarding funnels, monitor product features across all SME products, and enhance our understanding of customer churn/NPS score and its root causes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with the SME Growth team to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Approach problems from first principles, using a variety of statistical and mathematical modelling techniques to research and understand customer behaviour.
- Write code to effectively process, cleanse, and combine data sources in unique and useful ways, often resulting in curated datasets that are easily used by the broader team.
- Build and share data visualizations and self-serve dashboards for your team.
- Effectively communicate your work with the team and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Design and analyze A/B experiments to evaluate the impact of changes we make to the product.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Fintech experience is a huge advantage.
- Understanding of the European SME market will also give you some extra points.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
Package & Remuneration
R500 000.00 to R528 000.00