Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a module 4 Grain Milling Qualification or level 3 with more than 5 years experience
- Must of minimum 5 years experience in a maize mill
- Good knowledge of HACCP/ISO22000 food safety management system
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with good English verbal proficiency
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good Microsoft office skills for reporting especially in excel
- Strong knowledge and experience in determining of Milling gain within the milling process
- High attention to detail and accuracy
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Utilising milling assets efficiently with the objective of maximizing plant availability.
- Analysing and performing root cause analysis to all breakdowns to ensure that there is no recurrence of the same issue.
- Liaising with the maintenance team for any preventative or repair work that must be carried.
- Ensuring that the Mill operates within specifications set by management.
- Performing continuous process analysis for moisture, fat, fibre and sieve analysis.
- Conducting regular eye tests of the mill and making recommendations on high risk areas.
- Ensuring cleaning is done and cleaning check lists are completed.
- Complying with all SHE procedures and policies, food safety procedures and regulations and the HACCP system.
- Providing upwards and downwards communication of all milling issues.
Salary based on experience