About the role and the company:
The company is an accounting and consulting company based in Morningside, Sandton.
The Company assists clients primarily with accounting and taxation services. The clients are both local and international clients and the assignments range from bookkeeping and preparing annual financial statements to valuations and deal structuring.
We are looking for a motivated accountant with good attention to detail to join the team. The role will primarily be on the accounting side of the business.
The candidate will report primarily to the senior accountant.
The company offers a bonus plan and provides numerous training interactions. The variety of assignments means that the candidate will rapidly obtain a wide range of experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing bookkeeping in Pastel Partner
- Compilation of Annual Financial Statements in Caseware
- Performing audits and independent reviews under supervision
- Calculation and submission of Provisional tax, VAT and Annual tax returns for companies and individuals
- Assisting senior accountants on various ad hoc work (Valuations, IFRS reports, Expert witness reports)
- Make appointments with SARS under tax practitioner approval to assist with various tax matters with SARS
- Assisting with CIPC matters such as annual returns and compliance checklists
- Assist clients with various queries regarding above matters
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Obtained or studying towards an accounting qualification (at least 2 years of accounting completed)
- Preference will be given to candidates with SAIPA/SAICA articles experience
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and IFRS-SME
- Basic knowledge of South African Income Tax Act and Value Added Tax
- Basic knowledge of South African Companies Act
- Knowledge of SARS E-filing, CIPC Annual Returns and Compliance Checklists
- Experience in Microsoft Office specifically Excel
The candidate needs to be a good team player, driven, self-disciplined and good at taking tasks to completion. The company is a learning and sharing environment.
- Keen to take responsibility for own work and deadline driven
- Self driven and be able to plan work timing
- Keen to take on new assignments, learn new information and share information
- Keen to research new information and ask questions to complete tasks
- with minimal supervision
- Good organising, multi-tasking, and planning skills
Package & Remuneration
Salary amount: R15 000-R25 000
Benefit: Internal bonus plan
The company is a learning and sharing environment.