Wyndham Dubai Deira is now seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Graphic Designer (in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing team) will make the hotel(s) come alive from a marketing and collateral perspective.
All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
- Creation and execution of print, digital and outdoor communication in line with established media plans
- The types of projects will range from retouching imagery and resizing artwork, to developing new print solutions, campaign creative, social media artwork, corporate gifts, event invitations, presentations, photo editing and advertisements
- Accountable for maintaining the integrity of the brand, the position is responsible for all visual creative.
- Responsibilities also include the supervision of brand consistency standards within the property and relevant outlets, following design briefs and guidelines.
- Designs and produces marketing materials including, but not limited to, advertisements, collateral, signage, flash pieces, electronic brochures and presentations that reflect the brand’s image and style in order to drive hotel revenue.
- Partners with Marketing Manager and related operational departments as part of a project team providing design and conceptualization solutions pertaining to deliverables.
- Maintains familiarity with customer demographics and develops an appropriate look and feel for all promotion and event related collateral.
- Monitors the progress of all projects, including the maintenance of project files and archives, and provides continuous communication to the Marketing and/or project team regarding ongoing project and status updates.
- Communicate effectively, to target markets, the amenities and benefits of the hotel, including hotel refurbishments, food and beverage provisions, conference, banqueting and events.
- Assist in maintaining an effective working relationship with all members of target media, electronic and print, local, national and international to encourage and maximize coverage of all events and promotions. Respond to media enquiries when approached for comments and/or reports.
- Create innovative and consistent communication designs for marketing and communications materials including: print, presentations, digital and events.
- Provide graphic design ideas and execute all the design requests.
- Design, build and maintain micro sites, landing pages and blogs.
- Create and edit digital clips.
- Build photo database and photographing campaigns.
- Create HTML newsletters and e-marketing communications, staying abreast of design trends to improve deliverability.
- Create, develop and market key events for the hotels, especially during key business periods.
- Take photographs of all internal functions, banquet and conference functions and VIP’s.
- Work closely across all hotel departments, seeking proactive opportunities and planned promotions to address specific business challenges, as required.
LAWS, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- Ensure compliance with business operations laws
- Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
- Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Cluster Marketing Manager / Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing
- Attends Regional Sales & Marketing meetings and training if required.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function
- Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing / Cluster Marketing Manager) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner
- Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position
- Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
- Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
- Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
- Maintaining a business environment based on Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports ( and their terms) recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/ PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling/ disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conduct documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Graphic Design Skills
- Layout Skills
- Creative Services
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Desktop Publishing Tools
- Acute Vision
- Handles Rejection
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATE & EDUCATION
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the same field
- Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
- Expert knowledge in design programs – Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Flash
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Dubai Deira
Employment Status: Full Time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.