VKB Foods, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY) Ltd, is a dynamic role player in the integrated food industry with a branch at Sasolburg and in Bethlehem in the North Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
Responsible for processing customer monetary transactions and are accountable for balancing assigned cash registers; maintaining the stock and aesthetic quality of our retail area and assisting in customer queries.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Basic Math and computer skills.
- Customer service or cashier experience.
- Constantly adding value to the current functions of the job.
- Clear Criminal record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Operating the cash register and handling cash transactions with customers.
- Scanning goods and collecting payments.
- Issuing receipts, refunds, change or slips.
- Handle cash transactions with customers using cash registers.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas.
- Keep reports of transactions.
- Bag, box or wrap packages.
- Answers routine billing questions/issues from customers.
- Receives and processes all payments according to standard procedures.
- Counts money back to customer in an accurate and concise manner.
- Informs customers about products/ services available and assesses customer needs.
- Examine products being purchased for damages and price accuracy.
- Coordinate with retail staff for product inquiries and price checks.
- Resolve escalated issues with angry customers.
- Assists in the maintenance of store front and retail displays.
- Count the cash in the drawer at the end of the day ensuring cash equals receipts.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly audits of cash intake or cash drawers.
- Harmonize shift totals and sum up cash.
- Validate and establish prices of products and apply price stickers.
- Scan and log in the price of products on the system.
- Handle refunds and exchanges at register while maintaining a friendly disposition.
- Good communication Skills.
- Thorough, precise and accurate.
- Problem solver.
- Team player.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
- Able to work under pressure.
The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.