Location: Business Bay
Seeking experienced laundry person for full time employment. Male or female.
Must be professional, experienced and presentable.
Duties and responsibilities of this role
- Report to duties on time with complete pressed uniform.
- Sort out all soiled linens into different wash load.
- Use correct formula program for wash process.
- Operate all laundry machines correctly as per operating manuals.
- All laundry must be checked and tagged by the marking machine.
- Make sure all laundry is checked and packed before delivery.
- Items should be thoroughly checked and stains to be treated before washing/dry-clean.
- Make sure all the production sheets are filled out correctly.
- Pick up and deliver laundry items in a timely and professional manner when required.
- Aware of and applies the guiding principles at all times.
- Keep the laundry clean and tidy.
- Use equipment and chemicals in the correct manner as detailed in the Material Data Sheets, on the equipment/ container/ in SOPs.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good condition.
- Ask for advice prior to using any unfamiliar equipment or chemical.
- Executes any other task that may be required by the department.
- Controls the usage of laundry chemicals and supplies as well as uniforms and linen ensuring that there is no misuse.
- Sewing / mending skills a bonus
Qualifications The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum High School certificate
- Minimum 1 year experience working with 5 star hotel laundries or commercial laundry
- Thorough with most equipment used in laundry
- Knows and practise standards related to health & safety
- Able to practise one of the laundry skills efficiently
- Able to communicates effectively in English
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: AED2,500.00 per month
- Sewing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Laundry: 5 years (Required)
- Dubai (Required)
- UAE driving license (Preferred)