An existing opportunity has arisen for a Driver Trainer in a logistics company located in Pretoria North, the ideal candidate should have previous experience in the training of code 14 drivers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Recruiting and Selection
- Responsible for the recruitment of new drivers as per the operational requirements.
- Administer the selection process through:
- Screening of applicants
- Initial written test and marking of the test
- Initial interview plus reference checking
- Shortlisting of potential candidates
- Conducting the simulator evaluation on new recruits and conducting post test results briefing.
- Administer the Walk Around Inspection (WAI) and provide feedback to the applicant
- Arrange facial interviews with the respective senior fleet controllers
- Responsible for conducting the initial induction and training to new applicants over a period of 3 to 4 days.
- Ensure that all new appointed employees go for finger prints for access control and is presented with an ID tag.
- Release the newly appointed employees to their respective senior fleet controllers.
Driver evaluation of existing drivers:
- Ensure that all drivers’ driving information is available the day before the driver reports for evaluations and fuel consumption testing.
- Prepare individual driver pre-test evaluation and counselling documentation the previous day.
- Do the pre-test evaluation and counselling with the drivers.
- Conduct driver WAI and simulator test for driver competency
- Evaluate driver test report and results. Ensure the pre and post-test briefing is done with every driver.
- Compile reports and documents of agreed outcomes and ensure every driver signs the outcomes as acceptance.
- Ensure that drivers understand corrective outcomes agreed upon:
- Diesel consumption
- Driving behaviour
- Truck handling and pre trip inspections
- Forward signed attendance registers and relevant documentation to admin officer for filing on the drivers’ personal training file.
Simulator Training and Walk Around Inspections (WAI):
- On a daily basis ensure that drivers returning from rest periods, annual leave and those on basic only, in the yard, attend full training and evaluation on the WAI and simulator evaluation.
- Responsible to provide feedback on the test results and take corrective action to enable the driver to perform to the agreed standard of driver efficiency.
- Quality reviews of training material and manuals to ensure the information and training materials are up to date.
- Responsible to keep accurate record of driver’s performance, progress and advancement on simulator modules.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Own transport
- Fully bilingual (Afrikaans and English)
- 2 years experience within a similar position
- Code 14 (EC)
Package & Remuneration
R 18 000 – R 20 000 CTC