NOW RECRUITING – ACCOUNTS CLERK (George, Western Cape, SA). We are looking forward to hear from you!
The Finance department is now accepting applications for an Accounts Clerk – someone who can add his / her skills to the team and that takes great pride and pleasure in providing efficient services. The purpose of this job is to assist the Finance Team to analyse financial information, maintain accounting records and process relevant financial transactions of the Company, and ensure that all statutory requirements are adhered to.
We consider the following as essential:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent, with Accounting until Grade 12 as a subject,
- A relevant tertiary financial qualification,
- Advanced competency in MS Office,
- Experience and competence in a well-known accounting software package,
- At least 2 years’ experience in a financial environment where financial / accounting work experience was gained.
Duties & Responsibilities (areas and indicators listed are not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time):
- Process all debtors and creditors related transactions, including invoices and payment receipts,
- Perform month end procedures,
- Maintain and create account profiles when required,
- Assist with cash up and banking,
- Process and reconcile petty cash claims,
- Monthly cash float checks,
- Participate in stocktakes and the administration related to it.
- Critical attributes that will contribute to successful placement and job success:
- Knowledge of and competence in customer service, administrative work processes, mathematical reasoning and calculus methods/principles,
- Skills and abilities must include active listening, critical thinking and reasoning, reading comprehension, time management, problem sensitivity and information ordering,
- Must be prepared to work weekends & Public Holidays, as and when needed.
Closing date: Monday, 17 August 2020, at 16h00
How to apply:
You can apply online at https://www.fancourt.co.za/careers-job-listing/ or contact Elsie Müller (HR Department), for assistance.
The Company’s Employment Equity Plan will be taken into consideration with all appointments. Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Other Benefits: Provident Fund
Ref: Geo000128/EMVacancy Type: Permanent