Fieldworkers x 4 positions (4 Months Fixed Term Contract) are available at our client, Wits Health Consortium’s Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Soweto, Johannesburg.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) was established in 1996. The Perinatal HIV Research Unit has been involved in research, training, policy formation and advocacy in issues concerning HIV-positive women and their children.
In recent years the work of the unit has expanded beyond the original focus of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, to include treatment trials in adults and children, prevention research, psychosocial research and policy development. In addition the Unit has developed an HIV vaccine clinical trials unit (HVCTU) and started with HIV Vaccine Trials back in 2001.
The unit is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of research and policy in the area of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. It has also developed a reputation as a leading African research unit for clinical trials in adult and children with HIV, with one of the largest cohorts
Main purpose of the job
Going out into communities to recruit people for COVID vaccine studies
PHRU – Kliptown, Soweto, Johannesburg
Key performance areas
- Recruit, enroll and follow up on participants in the study
- General oversight of proximity study at field site
- Follow through on the enrolment process from screening and obtaining Informed Consent
- Abstract data to complete all documents related to study
- Collect and administer all questionnaires accurately to inform the study
Required minimum education and training
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Good computer literacy
- The ability to work in a complex and demanding environment
- good communication skills and ability to speak local languages
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Willing to travel
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
- It is expected that s/he will apply consistent adherence to research and GCP practices
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 11 August 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position
Ref: JHB002475/EvdMVacancy Type: Contract