Excellent growth opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join a rapidly expanding business within the alternative energy sphere. This business has been expanding nationally and recently internationally as well and they have made their mark by delivering high tech solutions for the telecommunications industry in the form of high-tech battery solutions.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the bookkeeping function as well as the debtors’ administration duties. The ideal candidate will have advanced Excel skills, Pastel and/or Sage experience and Pastel Evolution will be an advantage.
The firm has grown by large margins over the last few years and they require an individual that wants to grow within a team of skilled individuals who are leading the way in battery tech by way of their predictive test, recovery and management solutions. They deliver only the best and they have close relationships with their employees and their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily and monthly accounting and processing up to trail balance.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly journal entries.
- VAT reconciliations (assistance with income tax and provisional tax submissions).
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of year end schedules to support the preparation of annual financial statements as well as other admin duties.
- Payroll preparation.
- Sorting and filing of financial records.
- Capturing transactions on the electronic accounting system and on any other necessary systems (data entry).
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices (internal and external).
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Certificate, Diploma or degree will be advantageous.
- Experience: 2 – 4 years related experience would be ideal.
- Patel, Sage, Pastel Evolution.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUM, SUMIF, Data Filter, Data Sort).
- MS Word.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Extroverted personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary – R12k to R15k pm
HOW TO APPLY
- Ensure you meet all the requirements
- Complete all the requested information below
- Remember to attach your CV
- Once your application has been made, you will receive a generic e-mail to confirm the receipt of your application
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.