Position Title: Forklift Driver
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Delmas
Requisition ID: 3835
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of eight Forklift Drivers to be based at the Delmas site. The successful candidate will report to the relevant Team Leader in Dispatch.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
He/She is responsible to receive and dispatch product, record product locations and ensure accurate storage and dispatch of products in accordance with the warehouse and dispatch plan.
- Manage forklift perational requirements (Stack and de-stack product);
- Co-ordinate cycle counts of stock as operationally required;
- Manage and minimize waste by minimizing damage to offloading and stacking practices and monitor and report temperature variations.
- Manage and remove safety, hygiene and security hazards and report deviations to the Team Leader
- Ensure up to date knowledge and understanding of lifting equipment
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility by reporting non-PPE compliance
- Understand the off-loading of trucks and import containers.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping and hygiene on forklift.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum experience/knowledge:
- Grade 12 (matric) qualification
- Minimum 2 years practical driving experience
- Valid F1 forklift license
- Must be fully literate and good numeracy skills
- Good eye sight and driving abilities is an inherent requirement for this role
- Medically fit and willing to work in cold environment
- Ability to work productively in a stressful environment
- Willing to work shifts as and when required including over weekends
The closing date for applications is 12 August 2020.
To apply, please visit: Employee Online Services > Career and Development OR submit your full CV with copies of ID and qualifications (including license certificate) in the relevant application box by the main entrance.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.