- A thorough understanding and experience in the Logistics industry – In-depth container experience – Logistics, Cargo and Dry Cargo
- Must understand how to retrieve a CTO if lost
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills able to motivate people.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Able to make critical decisions under pressure, while maintaining the safety and well-being of the staff he is responsible for.
- Knowledgeable on cargo and container second, shipping lines
- Must have knowledge of sizes of trucks and trailers
- Must be able to go to Ports to issue drivers with CTOs
The Logistics Co-ordinator processes loads and oversees the cycle of order fulfillment. Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials, packages, and/or products are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
- Make sure all your drivers are on site at correct time (if not, reasons must be given)
- Attention to time keeping.
- Reports on loads for the day
- Communicate with Site operators where each driver has been sent too.
- Fault, Fuel & Tyre Reports to be updated on a daily basis.
- Update roadworthy & license files.
- Vehicles is due for roadworthy and license
- E-mail all clients every 2 hours to update where and how far they are from the offload point .
- Verify driver location on tracking.
- Attention to detail of what customers require for each load.
- Phone / whatsapp drivers regular to make sure they are on rout – main function of job
- Verify driver location on tracking.[At all times you must know where your drivers are.]
- Report any operational problem why customer’s requirements can’t be met.
- By no later than 16H30 load list of the day must be made out[actual loads that was done]
- Verify loads for the next day.
- Board to be updated with daily figures.
- Track vehicles until last one is parked off.
- Must be able to work on Navis and preadvise
- Physically count equipment for the equipment register