We are looking for a Country General Manager (CGM) based mainly in Nairobi & Accra for our client who is at the forefront of agritech solutions in Africa. `This position will be the most senior manager in a specific country and be responsible for the overall management of the business unit. The CGM will be in charge of all functional departments within the subsidiary, including: accounts, human resource, operations, risk management, credit management, statutory requirements and management of branches.
She / He will be the primary revenue driver for the business and shall facilitate the growth of the organizations’ annual revenue, through selling of our products and services, establishing and maintaining business partnerships with suppliers, customers and different market stakeholders. In addition, she/he is required to create concept business and user cases for new services, features and functions to support customer demands, growth strategies and profitability targets. Hands-on experience and exposure in the agriculture and agritech industry (or relevant technology sectors/products) is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working capital management (stock, debtors, cash)
- Sales growth (maintaining or growing gross margin)
- Profit growth
- People management
- Overhead cost control
Roles and responsibilities
- Leading the day-to-day management of the business, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Planning, designing of sales strategies and oversee successful implementation to meet the revenue targets each financial year
- Motivating and managing the team to ensure that they meet revenue and activity targets by providing all suitable assistance, advice and solutions required.
- Monitoring individual and team performance in relation to agreed targets on sales, credit, debt collection, review and control of projects, and where necessary take action to improve performance levels.
- Designing, implementing and reviewing of appropriate policies to guide work ethics and maintain best practice among staff members.
- Customer relationship management.
- Planning and executing tactical sales campaigns to the highest standard, maximizing revenue growth.
- Ensuring all team members are conversant with all company products and services.
- Providing reports to the group leadership as required.
- Ensuring that the team adheres to best practice guidelines, rules of conduct, policies and procedures
- Undertaking monthly, quarterly and annual budget and driving performance against approved budget
- Adherence to group policies, procedures and guidelines
Desired Experience & Qualification
Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree In Business/Information Communications Technology/Agriculture or related field
- Should have at least 8 years’ experience of which five must be in general management.
- Industry knowledge and hands-on experience in Technology or Agriculture.
Additional skills required
- Results oriented
- Numeracy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams.
- Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical –thinker with good analytical skills
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills.