An exciting opportunity exists for Customer Service/Success Interns to join our team.
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Duties & Responsibilities
To engage with our customers. To (first) analyse and interpret the context of their query(s) and (second) provide direction on how their query will be resolved. Investigating each application or environment query for validation of an issue, a problem, or needing clarification, or to escalate for a data investigation. Helping our customers define the context of the issue, then narrow down the cause by continuously analysing the information available, and to find and analyse solutions (options). Making decisions on how the query should be resolved with minimal impact to the live customer processing environment.
1. Ensuring that you have a good understanding of clients’ requirements
2. Consider the benefits and impacts of the solutions you provide prior to implementation of the solution.
3. Accurately log events of each customer query on our internal CRM.
4. Obtain confirmation from the client’s on whether their needs or query that has been resolved.
5. Manage your logged in, on hold, unavailability and call time measurements within specified benchmarks to maintain/optimise team capacity.
6. Encourage our customers to complete your after call survey.
7. Convert issue and query trends into knowledge articles.
8. Grow your product knowledge.
9. Grow your customer service engagement with our customers.
10. Follow internal policies and deliver customer service according to Sage core values.
11. Be the first point of contact for our customers.
Our Vision “Reimagining the way we continuously transform individual learning into a hub of knowledge for businesses using our product(s) to succeed”. Decisions you will be expected to make:
1. Having enough information to solve the query.
2. Assign priority to query and escalate where needed.
3. Assess and communicate when you need assistance.
4. Logging of a critical software bug or enhancement.
5. How to deliver negative messages without negatively impacting the customer.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Skills, know-how and experience needed for the role:
1. BCOM Accounting or Payroll Administration.
2. Computer Knowledge (MS Office: Excel, Word).
3. Have excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
4. Ability to identify and adapt to the client’s style of communication.
5. Ability to control the conversation.
6. Use Critical Thinking to think logically and rationally.
7. Use Process (Product) thinking to determine the query and the outcome needed.
8. Manage Uncertainty effectively and work without supervision.