By looking after our assets, you’ll become an asset too.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Please note that this is a fixed term contract role.
As the Shaft Timberman you will ensure effective maintenance of the shaft in order to maintain the correct standard including the effective administration of all shaft systems (data accuracy, integrity and backup).
The focus for this role will be to:
- Plan execution of work orders according to resources requirements.
- Adherence to work safety standards and quality.
- Identify work for specialist technicians and allocating resources and equipment according to priorities.
- Communicating operational problems to appropriate supervisor or manager in terms of blasting hanging boxes, blasting in decline area as well as other process defects to appropriate processors.
- Inspecting shaft and installations for defects and ensuring the effectiveness of pipe and equipment installations.
- Assisting with equipment maintenance and attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required.
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required and completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PM’s).
- Raising stock requisitions for materials required.
level reporting to the Shaft Foreman onFixed Term Contract (FTC)
You will need the following:
- Certified competent Shaft Timberman
- Holder of a Blasting and Onsetter Certificate.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.