In this role you will provide a specialized engineering technical service to Central Logistics and will be responsible for all rigging work performed on surface.
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all planned maintenance schedules are accurately complied with
- Ensure that all work conducted is performed to the required standards and specifications
- Ensure that all safety and legal requirements are carefully followed
- Ensure that the correct tools are used to complete tasks
- Ensure that materials and equipment are available for the shifts requirements in the area
- Ensure the safe and proper running of all machinery and equipment are conducted – Equipment and machinery specific competence
- Obtain daily and weekly work instructions from Engineering Foreman
- Prepare and plan work priority list and resource requirements in order to complete tasks
- Ensure that all resources requirements are communicated to Logistics Supervisor in order to complete allocated work orders
- Complete safety, injury, hazard, risk and incident reports for area
- Compile an accurate shift/work order reports
- Complete and sign off the allocated work orders
- Complete requisitions for stock items required
- Complete the necessary job cards relating to the task done including and description of work and spares used
- Participate in required meetings including safety
This role is at a C2 level in the Engineering department and reports into the Engineering Foreman.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Rigger Trade Certificate
- Section 26D / 13 qualification from accredited MQA training centres
- Valid driving license code 08
- Please note if successful, you will need to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
- This role will require shift work and overtime
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
03rd August 2020